Hi,We are implementing competency frameworks/academies in my organisation and I was wondering what experience members have had implementing similar schemes in their organisations?What systems do you use to record progress? How did you achieve business buy-in?Thanks.

You need to be a member of learningandskillsgroup to add comments!

Join learningandskillsgroup

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Tracy,

How did you get on with your competency framework? Have you implemented the scheme? How is it working? Anything you could update the group on or share what you've learnt?

Many thanks
      Mike
  • I have been working with competency/skills frameworks since 2001. With the CPS I was able to amalgamate the SFIA 3 and 4 frameworks with the Core Competencies of the organisation and embed into the PDR process measured through a Balanced Score Card.

I would gladly discuss this and other similar experience with other experience if you contact me on 07870607692.
    • Thanks Julie & Steve- very helpful.

Steve - I understand the SFIA frameworks are IT based? Are you saying you have adpated them to suit other sectors?

Thanks.

Tracy
  • Hi Tracy - we have used competency frameworks here for a couple of years now, the first was for managers across all levels from CE to 1st line. All are assessed annually against the framework with a 180 degree assessment which identifies their areas for development mapped against the framework. This report is used at their mandatory PDR (appraisal) and their development objectives are set with measured timescales in order for them to be fully competent at their level, these are assessed quarterly and all line-managers have to report back a 100% compliance performance indicator to the CEB that all of their teams objectives have been set and are regularly reviewed. Eventually this will give all staff a personal annual "rating" against the expectations of their role, at the moment this has no impact on their pay but this is the intention for the very near future. Business buy-in is patchy to be honest despite a mandate from our senior management group - but performance related pay will I'm sure be the hammer to crack that nut but the organisation is not yet ready to fully implement this initiative across all directorates. We are beginning to implement a non-management competency framework this year which will work to the same principles, most people do like it (eventually) as it gives them very clear guidelines as to what the organisation expects from them personally in skills, knowledge, behaviours and attitudes. We have also aligned our training portfolio to identify which of the four areas "this" event/module/workshop/pocketbook/policy document will help them to develop.

Hope this helps & kind regards

Julie
This reply was deleted.