Replies

• Another Useful Tip

Egg carton foam packaging material is inexpensive and easy to acquire.
    Place your microphone in box [12" X 12"] lined with foam material. This little technique has been used by reporters around the world; recording final audio tracks from w/in the walls of their hotel room.

If audio is being used for web or eLearning save to MP3/4 format (reducing file size). WMV files work too, but MP3/4 formats are the preferred method.
    • Hi Karen,

9 months since this was added, would you say you are now recording like a pro?

Are there any other blogs or tips you've found around pod casting or any other handy hints and tips on other blogs you use that you could share?

Many thanks
      Mike
    • Hi Karen/Mike,

Our audio expert Tracey Field has just written a blog post on this exact subject, which provides 6 practical tips to help you create professional recordings on a shoestring.

6 tips to make your DIY audio sound professional

Thanks
      Sam
  • Cheers for this Karen, the blog has some really good hints and tips for designing content.

You can subscribe to the feed for future updates - am very proud of myself for creating my i-google account recently and this is one of the first rss feeds I've added
  • This is really good isn't it?!

The foambrero looks like the must-have fashion accessory of the season, to me...
    • Yes, I must admit, I thought they were joking at first ;-)
This reply was deleted.