Hi all,

We have started trialling Yammer but at present we are limiting the trial to members within our Training and Development department so we can become familiar with the tool, sharing links, ideas, commenting on them etc.

Before we plan how we can roll this out I would like to hear how others have used Yammer or other similar tools to support existing training initiatives such as classroom, workplace, elearning and online (webinar style) training. I work for a pharmaceutical company within the T&D department that supports the manufacturing and distribution areas of the business, although I'm interested to hear what other businesses have done.

Many thanks in advance for your help. 

Trevor

You need to be a member of learningandskillsgroup to add comments!

Join learningandskillsgroup

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Trevor,

I'm very interested in ths topic also and currently doing research project in application of Twitter for profeessional learning.

Previously we trialled Yammer in our company though alot people arent using it and I feel to gain high enagaegement of social media for learning is to select a technology where users are already active e.g Facebook or Twitter. This way users are already familar and not creating new profilles etc. I guess it also depends on the Social media usuage policy your company apply too which might have some restrictions.

• How did you introduce Yammer? We are thinking of creating groups for selected courses and then inviting people to the groups for pre and post course learning. This way we have a captive audience who to get the best from the courses would need to access Yammer. That's our hope anyway!

This reply was deleted.