What got you thinking at the Learning and Skills Group members' conference? From conversations on the day, and looking at the feedback, here are some of the key themes that have come out so far:

• Doing more with less - how do I do it?!
  • Tackling learning engagement in a busy workforce
  • Needing to embed learning more into daily working life

What key thoughts did you take away from the day?

What are you planning to do differently now?

Let us know!

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Really enjoyed the interaction between and amongst speakers and attendees during the sessions and at the networking breaks. Have finally bitten the bullet and am now on Twitter (as of half an hour ago!). Any pointers, advice would be much appreciated - niallgavinuk . Thanks.
Excellent seminar, thank you. I spent most of yesterday going through my notes, following links and reading reams of ideas. Now I'm trying to find a way to jump over the huge void between where we are now and where I would like us to be! I have decided to do an IT Skills impact survey - I was impressed by the questions used in the towards maturity benchmarking and how the questions themselves made me feel! I'm looking at Yammer, delicious, sharepoint to try to go underground with some training tips and communications. I'm looking forward to connecting more with some Local Government members, we all seem to be having the same pains! Even learning that was useful! - Thanks.
I agree the interaction was excellent. A real community vibe. And extremely well-organised. Thank you. You could argue that there was a lack of concrete examples shared in the main sessions. However, without question there was a definite willingness from attendees (and speakers) to connect, participate and share. For those of you that didn't, I recommend participating in the Twitter conversations next year. The opportunity to exchange real-time opinion and knowledge genuinely adds another dimension to a live event such as this. And it's fun!

Here's a short blog post on what I learned at the show: Learning, autonomy and an origami frog - 8 things I learned at LSG10 What did others take away?

RSS

Members

Sponsor promotion

LSG Sponsors

© 2020   Created by Donald H Taylor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service