After the reference in last week's newsletter to the handy 'open to compose box' Chrome extension for Gmail that Barry Sampson highlighted, I just wanted to share another new chrome extension that I have recently come across: If you, like me, often find you have a gazillion tabs open at once, hogging memory and slowing your system, try the new One tab extension which very usefully converts all of your tabs into a list on one tab, apparently saving 95% of memory...When you need to access the tabs again, you can either restore them individually or all at once, or easily create a web page of links to share with co-workers! Great for collaborative project work...

Does anyone else have any time/resource saving downloads or extensions to share?

Cheers,

Jonquil

Views: 129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jonquil,

What a great little extension - thanks for sharing!  I'm very naughty in that I have LOADS of tabs open to aid rapid navigation but this is a real help.  The only issue I've found is that when you "Restore All" you get a whole new instance of Chrome rather than the one that's currently open.

I'll certainly give this extension a go for a while and see how I get on.

Thanks again.

Jonathan.

Hi Jonathan,

Yes I noticed that - not sure why that happens but at least it is a quick one tab to delete :^)

It is quite new I believe so hopefully they will resolve that in a later release or at least explain why it works like that.

Cheers,

Jonquil

Hi Jonquil,

This sounds like a fantastic find! :) Definitely a case of "didn't know I needed until I saw this post". 

Can't wait to give it a try.

Thanks for the rec!

Alice

Hi Alice, Yes I have used it for a few weeks now and love it - it certainly makes a big difference to the speed my pc works at now and it's just handy to have all the tabs you use every day accessible on one page! :^)

RSS

Members

Sponsor promotion

LSG Sponsors

© 2019   Created by Donald H Taylor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service