Hi Everyone,

The organisation I work for has bravely agreed to move the training into the 21st Century.

Here is the topic

We develop and sell a piece of knowledge management software to the construction industry.  This software comprises of a CRM, Document management system and some other modules specific to the construction industry. See www.unionsquaresoftware.com if you want more info.

Here is the vision

• Cover the fundamentals of the software for new users by eLearning distributed through an LMS.
  • Cover the essentials of the Document Management System through 'on demand' videos thereby giving people access to short training and reference material.  These will be recorded with Camtasia 7 and uploaded to YouTube for ease of access.
  • Produce a guided course, absed on the videos, to be housed in the LMS.
  • Produce a short "guided path" guide for users who will not have access to the LMS.
  • Produce and distribute a "Go Live" readiness assessment so clients can be assured that the people in their organisation that will be using the software are at a particular level.  This will include both fundamentals and DMS.
  • Use an internally developed tool that allows all users of the software to be able to 'instant message' a Training Consultant who will be able to assist with either answering questions, direct them to the correct video or conduct a short remote training session through Adobe Connect. 
  • Any short remote training sessions details can be broadcast to the entire user base thereby giving others the chance to attend (up to our 100 seat maximum).
  • Use site visits and floor walking at point of Go Live to assist the local Champion Users in helping to get the users started with the software.
  • Conduct regualr monthly webinars to cover key topics and those suggested by clients.

Our fundamentals (navigation, creating records, searching, etc) is currently covered by eLearning and we have had a lot of success with this.  We also have been running webinar for the past year and a half with good success and uptake.

What I need help with

I am relatively new to the production of instructional videos - I must admit to having learnt a lot from delivering webinars, but I am sure there is a lot of things I can improve upon.  I also have a lot of knowledge with regard to audio and have made sure we have a good setup to ensure good clear vocal quality.

Does any one have a "Tips and Tricks" list they would care to share with me.  Or indeed any experiences they may have that I could learn from.

The company would like to extend the production of these videos to other staff who do not have any previous training experience and I will need to guide them to produce good videos - this is one of the key things I need help with as although I can 'do' I am not sure that I have enough time or ability to get a good set of key messages across to them.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Happy to kick off the discussion .......

My tip would be to keep all the videos to short demonstrations of one key aspect of the system - here's the point - the shorter the intervention the less critical the issue of quality. It'll just be a short simulation after all, and what people are looking for at that point is a quick "show me and let me get on with it!"

Perhaps visit Onlignment, Practical Guides.

And Kineo eLearning tips (number 22)

Thanks for the replies -

Steve - I'd forgotten about Onlignment!

Alan - Great point about "show me and let me get on with it!" and quality.

Looking forward to getting this going, and I'll let you know the outcomes!

RSS

Members

Sponsor promotion

LSG Sponsors

© 2019   Created by Donald H Taylor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service