Distance Learning / Online Qualification in Instructional Design / eLearning

Hello all,

I'm looking for a Distance Learning / Online course in Instructional Design / eLearning. Ideally leading to a recognised qualification. Post grad potentially but I will look at everything.

I'm looking to build my skill set his area while while adding to my qualifications.

Help!!

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi William,

You've entered a tricky area!  Organisations such as the CIPD will provide you with a learning design course (and a lovely certificate), however independent organisations such as Neil Lasher from Trainer1 (and others) will deliver you a real hands-on course with REAL benefits.

The trick (I think) is do you want a great course or a certificated course?

Best wishes.

Jonathan.

Thanks Jonathan - I knew this wasn't going to be easy. If anyone has suggestions for both 'great' and 'certified' I would be delighted to hear them. Even better if its great and certified....

Hi William,

To be very honest with you I'd suggest that you take great over certified any day!  Many years ago I was blessed to be taught about leaning design and cognition and all sorts of wonderful things by the guru Dr. Ruth Clark  http://www.clarktraining.com/

Did I get a certificate?  No.  Was I taught by one of the best people on the planet?  Oh yes!  It's interesting that the issues that Ruth discussed on her course are as pertinent now as they were 20 years ago.  And what's more, I still remember most of them!

Within the UK we have some great learning design trainers.  Hunt them out and talk to them.  See what makes them tick.  Great learning has never been about certification, rather it's been about passion.  Others may disagree with me and tell you to get a certificate but for me (and many others) the soul of a great course lies in the design, not the fact that the designer holds a certificate.

Good luck and give me a shout if you need anything else.

Jonathan.

Hi William,

A couple of suggestions that might interest you:

1. The Open University postgraduade certificate/MA in online and distance education - http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/qualification/f10.htm

2. University of Illinois, Springfield Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) "Online Learning Today...and Tomorrow".

I should declare an interest here which is that I am an Open University employee and student, and I'm about to be a student of the MOOC.

Hope you find this helpful.

Pete

Thank you all for your help. I will let you know what I end up doing...

Good luck William!  Hope you find the ideal course for your needs.

Jonathan.

Hi William

You might also consider the MSc in Multimedia and E-learning at the University of Huddersfield which is predominantly distance learning.

http://www.hud.ac.uk/courses/course/index.php?ipp=0001116

(Declaration of interest - I work for the University of Huddersfield but have no involvement in this course)

Steve

RSS

Members

Sponsor promotion

LSG Sponsors

© 2019   Created by Donald H Taylor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service