E-learning and Digital Cultures MOOC - Coursera and Edinburgh University

Hi Folks, This is a dual-purpose post:

Purpose 1: Edinburgh University are running a great E-learning and Digital Cultures MOOC. It's only day three, so you've not missed too much, but from what I've seen so far, it's shaping up to be a really interesting course.

The first week looks at how we view technology for training and education (and in society as a whole) and has already nudged me to re-examine my perspectives on e-learning. More importantly for us, it's got a nice training style, which might work well for your own asynchronous ILT. It really gets you thinking about the topic from different angle.

The course runs for 5 weeks, from 3 Nov to 7th Dec. Find out more here: E-learning and Digital Cultures | Coursera

Purpose 2: The MOOC has around 3000 enrolled students right now, many of whom are in academia or K12 education, but many more who aren't. If you're an LSG member doing the MOOC and you'd like to work together from a perspective relevant to our sector, let's collaborate, or "cluster" as they say in the MOOC parlance :)

I'm Seth Dickens on Twitter and am blogging my thoughts about the MOOC too. What about you? Where are you sharing your MOOC ideas?

Seth

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am currently completing a MOOC from Course Sites on Open Badges. This is very much self paced and suits my work / life balance. There are a number of assignments that can be completed (6 in all) that unlock badges.

Some of the content is also academic and it doesn't fit all scenarios. Nevertheless I am learning a lot from it. 

RSS

Members

Sponsor promotion

LSG Sponsors

© 2019   Created by Donald H Taylor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service