What exercises do you find work best in identifying the strengths in a team, helping to understand each other better, play to each other's strengths etc? Do you have any recent examples of exercises that have worked well?

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure of the context in which you want this. From the perspective of teamwork, coaching and career development, I really like the Strengths Finder 2.0 test for identifying key strengths. -> http://tinyurl.com/SMMsf20

You can then categorize the strengths under the headings of Executing, Influencing, Relationship Building and Strategic Thinking, to get an idea of the spread in your team.
I can't think of anything better for identifying individual strengths in teams than Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) - there are lots of team exercises around this tool.
Thanks Sumeet/Brenda. Good suggestions and good tools. I am seen MBTI work with teams with mixed outcomes and had coincidentally just heard about StrengthsFinder but not used it - good to hear a second opinion in favour. Thanks both.
Hi,

In my organisation we have used Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI) Personality Profiling and this really works. It focuses firstly on understanding the individual but then moves on to analyse as a team where the strengths and weaknesses are - it is also very clear from the introductory knowledge bit upfront what needs to happen to develop those weaknesses.

Plotting individuals onto a team inventory can also be useful - you can refer back to it when faced with a challenge and it can help the team decide who is best placed to be involved in particular tasks when required.

It's easy to understand and is very accurate - most if not all of our team who have completed the questionnaire have had the "ah ha" moments of realisation when the outcome of the questionnaire is revealed to them.
Hi Tracy. That is really helpful. I had forgotten about SDI which I heard about a while ago. Thank you for the memory jog.

RSS

Members

Sponsor promotion

LSG Sponsors

© 2019   Created by Donald H Taylor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service