I've just started a new role within the organisation and one question I have been asked to look into is "What is Quality?"

As a TAP registered L&D professional and being part of a TAP Silver partner (and no I'm not trying to sell TAP!), I believe we deliver a quality service to our learners (both IT and Behavioural/Soft Skills), from design to delivery to evaluation to follow up. However the question has got me thinking and now I am wondering what else there may be out there. I know there is the City & Guilds and I discovered a website for The Training Quality Standard but it appears defunct.

It occurred to me that the members of this group will have plenty of ideas about what makes for a quality trainer and a quality training experience so I thought I'd tap into that rich vein of experience.

OK, my questions are:

1) What qualification (if any) do you look for in a trainer?

2) What methodology of design and delivery do you use?

3) How do you know that you deliver a quality service?

I'd really be interested in your reponses!

Many thanks

Andy

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have to say I believe this simple question ("What is Quality?") is really difficult to address. Of course, if we're backed into a corner, we all have a fairly good idea of the response we'd give and the metrics we'd use.

But I'll bet a pound to a penny that the majority, if not all, of that response was related to conventional learning interventions that are longer than 1/2 a day in duration.

So I believe the real question is "what constitutes quality in the case if a learning intervention that is less than 30 minutes?" In all probability, we'd apply a similar response as in a longer intervention - and that would be wholly inappropriate. In all probability, the answer lies in the area of fitness for purpose - but that's still pretty subjective!

Thanks for your reply Alan. As I suspected it's a little like asking how long is a piece of a string?

In light of finding little else out there my opinion is to stick with the TAP methodology for design and delivery and to find a robust evaluation method

We have lots of new initiatives starting up using various different methods of delivery so it's going to be an interesting time!

RSS

Members

Sponsor promotion

LSG Sponsors

© 2020   Created by Donald H Taylor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service