Training and learning is a continuous process in the corporate world. Exploring effective ways of learning, one has to look at e-learning solutions. – as the new-age learning platform. Catering to growing numbers and varied learning needs, e-learning opens us to a world of possibilities.
With custom e-learning, there is a variety of courses that can be developed to cater to the specific needs of the learners. From induction programs, application training, compliance, soft skills to newer methods of learning like serious gaming – the scope of e-learning as a platform is vast and can be widely cultivated. Mobile learning is also fast becoming the optimum way to deliver just-in-time learning to a large audience. Taking a close look at the needs of the organization and the learner, the developer can bring a creative angle to a course. The learner as well as the organization as a whole, benefit from this.
Some benefits of e-learning in corporate learning:
- Cost savings: In the existing financial climate, costs and budgets are of serious concern. Investments in e-learning solutions bring huge returns for an organization. Arranging for a training session brings with itself a lot of expenditure: travel, stay, equipment and many more. e-Learning successfully bridges employees across all locations, and learning does not necessitate unnecessary travel.
- Time savings: Planning for trainings can be tedious as the availability of learners as well as trainers needs to be kept in mind. Often, unnecessary delays occur due to un-compatibility of various schedules. e-Learning provides a definite solution to the problem of time constrains.
- Flexibility: If there is one reason to be named, why e-learning modules are effective, it has to be the flexible nature of the platform. Existing trainings or content can be creatively treated to provide an e-learning solution. Trainers can also be involved, to provide a blend of e-learning and traditional classroom training. Modules can also be updated as and when the content requires upgrading or the learner needs change. As per the needs of the client, e-learning can provide solutions that ensure effective learning.
- Evaluation: A key ingredient to learning is the evaluation. e-Learning ensures that effectiveness of a course is open to evaluation by the organization. Learning management systems (LMS) and other assessment engines can give regular updates of the learner’s progress through the course, the problem areas or even raise flags if the learner is slacking! This is a useful tool at the hands of a manager or the HR team. Knowing the skills and knowledge acquired by a learner helps to ascertain their capabilities and further helps them in assigning responsibilities.
- A new flavor: Learning is often a tedious process for many but endured because it is necessary or mandatory. This tedium of learning can be broken by the creativity of e-learning. Text heavy or instructional courses can be lightened by graphics, audio-visuals or even interactive sessions-which involve a learner, as opposed to just providing pertinent information. This generates a heightened interest in the course content as a whole – all leading to the culmination of effective learning.
The benefits of e-learning have been validated by organizations, across the world. In fact, there are very few industries which have not explored this platform of learning and this goes on to show how it can benefit a varied set of audience. As more and more organizations embrace e-learning, it grows and strives to become a richer and effective medium of corporate learning.