(this time posted to the right place!)
Thanks to everyone who attended the 'sharing good practice' meeting yesterday. As the majority were, like me, attending to find out more about it, I hope it was of value to you.
As a summary for everyone, we had a round table collection of current challenges and concerns. These included:-
- Social Learning - L&D governance, proving business benefit & value
- Collaboration/Sharing - improving/enabling SME skills
- Virtual classrooms - - techniques/tips/infrastructure problems
- Open Source Sharing tools, e.g. ning, yammer
- Overcoming 'solutioneering' by management
- Management involvement and follow-through on L&D events
- Wikis - Use and management of, including issues of moderation or self-policing
- Moodle - making it look user-friendly
- Upskilling L&D staff in new technology
- Resource balancing - i.e. face to face versus technology
- Restrictive and conservative organisations and business cultures
- E-learning approaches for developing decision-making skills
- LMS - customisation and simplification of user interface for several products
- Training Needs analysis - how best to do
- Compliance - achieving through e-learning
- Just-In-Time learning for decision support
- Resistance to new technology
The first three were relevant to many attendees, particularly issues related to the user of social learning within organisations, so most discussion was in this area.
We agreed to use this forum to raise these topics more formally and hopefully generate some useful discussion, so I'd encourage those that identified any of the above as their challenges to start the balling rolling by posting more detailed questions to the group.